Capitals announce 2022-23 regular season schedule
Washington has six at least three-game home games on the schedule, with the longest being a four-game streak at Capital One Arena from Nov. 5 to Nov. 11. The Capitals have six at least three-game road streaks, including a season-long six-game road trip from Nov. 26 to Dec. 7. Additionally, the Capitals will have 11 straight game streaks.
Eighteen of the Capitals’ 41 home games at Capital One Arena fall on weekends, including six games on Friday, nine on Saturday and three on Sunday. The schedule includes holiday home games on Veterans Day (Nov. 11 vs. Tampa Bay), the day before (Nov. 23 vs. Philadelphia) and the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 25 vs. Calgary), New Year’s Eve (Dec. February 31 against Montreal), Super Bowl Sunday (February 12 against San Jose), Valentine’s Day (February 14 against Carolina) and Saint-Patrick’s Day (March 17 against Saint-Louis). This is the 16th time in the last 17 seasons and the 15th straight season that the Capitals will host a game on Super Bowl Sunday.
The 2023 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend will take place February 3-4 at FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, Florida. Additionally, the Capitals schedule will take a five-day break from Feb. 6-10.
The Capitals will visit the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series on Saturday, February 18 at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, North Carolina. Washington is 3-0-0 in all-time outdoor games, including a 5-2 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland in the 2018 NHL Stadium Series.
TV broadcast plans will be released at a later date. All Capitals games can be heard on Caps Radio Network, 106.7 The Fan, Caps Radio 24/7, WashingtonCaps.com and on the Washington Caps mobile app.
Dates to remember:
- October 12 – First home game at Capital One Arena against the Boston Bruins
- November, 1st – Capitals host Vegas Golden Knights
- November 7 – Capitals welcome Connor McDavid and Edmonton Oilers
- November 9 – The Pittsburgh Penguins make their first of two visits to Capital One Arena
- November 11th – Washington hosts defending Eastern Conference champion Tampa Bay Lightning on Veterans Day
- November 19 – Capitals host defending Stanley Cup champion Colorado Avalanche
- December 17 – Capitals welcome Auston Matthews and Toronto Maple Leafs
- December 31st – The Capitals face the Montreal Canadiens on a New Year’s Eve matinee
- 12 February – Washington hosts the San Jose Sharks on Super Bowl Sunday
- February 14th – The Capitals host the Carolina Hurricanes ahead of their Stadium Series game on Feb. 18 in Raleigh
- February 25 – New York Rangers make their first of two visits to Capital One Arena
- the 17th of March – Capitals host St. Louis Blues on St. Patrick’s Day
- April 13 – Washington ends its 2022-23 regular season schedule against the New Jersey Devils at Capital One Arena