Electronic Arts and FIFA Announce EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Esports Program Extension | National company
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. And ZÃRICH – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Sep 29, 2021–
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and the FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) today announced a new EA SPORTS â¢ FIFA 22 esports program that is expected to attract tens of millions of gamers and viewers. Featuring both 1v1 and 2v2 competitions, players will represent themselves, globally recognized esports organizations, real world football clubs and their nation in a diverse set of FIFA esports events.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210929005855/en/
Electronic Arts and FIFA announce expansion of EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Esports program (Graphic: Business Wire)
The three competitions present in the extended esports ecosystem are the FIFAe Club Series 2022 â¢, the FIFAe Nations Series 2022 â¢ and the EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series * on the road to the 2022 FIFA World Cup â¢. The three flagship events of the series will all take place in the summer of 2022.
[View the EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series Reveal Trailer HERE ]
” FIFA competitive gaming is the future of global esports entertainment, improving the way fans experience the game they love, âsaid Brent Koning, vice president, EA SPORTS Competitive Gaming. ” FIFA has the essential platform for football fans around the world to fit into their own sporting history. In partnership with FIFA, the general appeal of esports is evident. “
âNewcomers, as well as established superstars – individually or as a team – will inspire entire nations to EA SPORTS FIFA players and have the opportunity to promote their game, âsaid Christian Volk, FIFA eFootball and Games Director. âA historic season full of thrilling competitions FIFA The stories will captivate a global fan base with this expanded ecosystem.
The best individual – EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series on the way to the 2022 FIFAe World Cup
- Qualification begins November 27 as a traditional 1v1 competition FIFA format is featured with online tournaments in 10 regions around the world. Register to compete HERE on October 4th.
- In addition, over 30 leagues offer esports programs, official league partners including Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, MLS, CONMEBOL Libertadores and UEFA Champions League will give to fans residing in each respective country the opportunity to represent real ones. clubs of the world.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA 22 The Global Series rankings will be available on FIFA.GG.
FIFAe Club Series, including FIFA Ultimate Team â¢ (FUT) 2v2 Cup debuts
- The 2022 FIFAe Club Series 2v2 competition kicks off in November with the FIFAe Club Online Qualifiers â¢ and features the new FUT Team of the Year and Team of the Season Cups en route to the 2022 FIFAe Club World Cup.
- Get your FIFA.GG profile ready today, as registration begins October 5th.
National pride of the FIFAe Nations Series
- The FIFAe Nations Series 2022 will feature member associations competing in this global 2v2 competition. In addition, national campaigns will find the best stars of the competition.
- All nations will begin their journey at the FIFAe Nations Online Qualifiers â¢, with the top national teams qualifying for the FIFAe Nations Playoffs â¢ on their way to the FIFAe Nations Cup 2022. To find out more, visit FIFA.GG.
“Football would not exist without the power of teamwork,” said Sam Turkbas, FIFA Competitive Gaming Commissioner. âOur goal is to harness this power and use esport entertainment to connect football fans around the world to the game they love. FIFA’s competitive team play will be a growth catalyst for the future fan of soccer. “
The power of competitive gaming as consumer entertainment
- Watch the first entertainment-focused tournaments of the season as celebrities, football stars and FIFA’s top contenders showcase the 2v2 potential.
- September 30: Watch football, music, esports and entertainment legends fundraise in support of eSoccer Twitch Rivals for UNICEF ft. FIFA 22. Go for Team Soccer Aid World XI vs. Team England, tune in at 8:00 am PT, 4:00 pm BST to see who’s celebrating glory on the FIFA pitch.
- October 21: FIFA 22 Challenge will feature top ambassadors representing the adidas team and the EA SPORTS team. The full roster and a special announcement for FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) fans will be announced later in October.
Please see the âPresentation Notesâ for more details on all of the changes introduced this season.
More information on the FIFAe tournament series, including its new FIFAe Squad strategy and FIFA Sound, can be found on FIFA.GG.
* Eligibility restrictions apply and please see the official rules for more details. Final terms and structure are subject to change.
About electronic arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company develops and delivers games, content and online services for consoles, mobile devices and personal computers connected to the Internet.
In fiscal 2021, EA reported GAAP net sales of $ 5.6 billion. Based in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of high quality, critically acclaimed brands such as EA SPORTS â¢ FIFA, Battlefield â¢, Apex Legends â¢, The Sims â¢, Madden NFL, Need for Speed âââ¢, Titanfall â¢, and F1 â¢. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
EA SPORTS, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Apex Legends, The Sims and Titanfall are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, FIFA and F1 are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission.
Category: Company News
Category: EA Sports
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210929005855/en/
CONTACT: Electronic Arts
KEYWORD: EUROPE SWITZERLAND UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY MEN OTHER SPORTS GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT CELEBRITY ELECTRONIC GAMES CONSUMER SPORTS SOCCER ENTERTAINMENT OTHER TECHNOLOGIES MOBILE / WIRELESS INTERNET TEEN WOMEN GENERAL SPORTS CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
SOURCE: Electronic Arts Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/29/2021 13:45 / DISC: 09/29/2021 13:46
Copyright Business Wire 2021.