Rumor Roundup: Where’s CM Punk?, Lesnar Bleeds, AEW Video Game, More!
Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps right after watching matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors from the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- CM Punk returns for Stephen Amell’s second season heelswhich runs over the next few weeks. Wrestling observation bulletin reported this and noted that this might be why Punk wasn’t on this week’s AEW TV shows.
- Brock Lesnar didn’t skate at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago, according to the WON. Rumor has it that Lesnar was opened up the hard way during his beating at the hands of The Bloodline.
- A Fighting selection AEW console game report says wrestlers are working with the developers on a story mode. Kenny Omega understands how important a great first release can be and is determined to make the game a success.
- Upcoming AEW double or nothing The PPV hasn’t quite sold out yet, but the newsletter notes that with 12,939 tickets sold for T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas so far, it already has a gate of $1,145,000. This makes it the highest-grossing non-WWE North American professional wrestling show in history.
- NXT Hold and deliver was put together for 5,059 fans. The WON says early ticket sales indicate WWE will easily exceed that number and likely open more seats. Wrestle Mania 38 still has over 20,000 tickets in circulation for the two nights. WWE will certainly move more, but sales seem highly unlikely.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember that these are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.